Registration for the CRESTING Conference 2021 is now open!
Circular Economy: Sustainability implications of a social transformation
📅: 15th December 2021
📍: Hybrid event – online and in London, UK.
We look forward to welcoming an international audience to the conference to discuss the implications for sustainability of the development of a circular economy. A major element of resource policy globally, a circular economy is seen as reducing carbon emissions, protecting resource security, creating jobs and promoting the UN Sustainable Development Goals. However, the idea that the interests and outcomes of circularity coincide with those of sustainability is largely an untested assumption.
This event presents and debates the findings of the EU-funded CRESTING project examining the implications of circular economy with the aim of guiding progress towards a sustainable future. It will showcase the research output from 25+ researchers and 15 non-academic partners generated during the last three years.
Discussion will be led by our panel of international circular economy experts:
- Walter Stahel, Circular Economy Thinker
- Maja Göpel, System transformation expert, author and university lecturer
- Patrick Schröder, Senior Fellow, University of Sussex
- Kersty Hobson, Senior Lecturer, Cardiff University
- Nancy Bocken, Professor in Sustainable Business, Maastricht Sustainability Institute
- Hans-Christian Eberl, Policy Officer, European Commission
- Zengwei Yuan, Professor, Nanjing University
- Olawale Olayide, President, Africa Circular Economy Research and Policy Network (ACERPiN)
Online attendance is free; there will be a £25 fee for attendance at the RGS (with IBG) in London, UK.